We spend a lot of time in our emails talking about your cat and dog’s diet. As we should; it’s an important part of your pet’s life. Today we’re going to talk about the diets of rabbits and guinea pig’s diets, and introduce a few new product to help promote overall wellness.
Rabbits and guinea pigs need fiber in their diets. they do not have muscles to push food through the digestive system. We understand the nutritional needs of these animals and they are living longer, healthier lives! Their diet breaks down to a few simple parts: pellets (limited amounts), a variety of dark, leafy greens (a large handful every day), fresh water, and hay (unlimited amounts.) You can check out our caresheets on feeding rabbits and guinea pigs, and on feeding vegetarians on our website here.
To help you with your pet’s nutrition, we’ve brought in some new foods and supplements, all from Oxbow, one of the leaders in small pet nutrition:
Natural Science Adult Rabbit and Adult Guinea Pig foods include:
* Unique, novel ingredients such as yellow pea, tomato pomace, and canola offer variety while maintaining proper nutrition
* Long-strand fiber from timothy, orchard and oat hay sources supports digestive health and function
* All-natural antioxidants and Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids promote overall wellness and body systems support
* Prebiotics support a healthy gastrointestinal (GI) system
* Support customized feeding regimens to target individual pets’ specific needs
* Made with premium, herbal ingredients that support health and wellness in pets
* No additives, preservatives, or artificial colors.
You can find out more about Oxbow and all their products on their page here.